Why are pet feces stains on carpeting so difficult to remove?
There’s nothing worse than coming home to pet feces all over your carpeting. Not only is the actual feces disgusting to remove, but it can often leave stains on your carpet. Pet feces stains can truly carry an animal smell that is difficult to remove even after cleaning. Why is that? Well, pet feces stains are truly combination stains for carpets as they contain protein, acids, and other materials.
Combination stains are difficult to treat, and some blogs may suggest that you use DIY methods to clean pet feces stains from your carpet, such as pouring sugar or peroxide onto the stain. However, these DIY methods can often cause more harm to your carpet, and more of a mess for you to clean up. Therefore, only trust professional carpet cleaners and products with pet feces stains.
Pet feces carpet stains are serious carpet stains and require professional products like Bio Oxy Stain Remover to thoroughly clean the stain and the pee smell due to the proteins involved.
Tips for preventing pet feces stains in carpet
It’s rather difficult to prevent a beloved pet from pooping on the carpet. Pet feces stains are indeed very difficult to prevent. However, housebreaking your pets is incredibly important. Many pet owners purchase “pee pads” for their pets when they are on a long weekend. This is one way to prevent pet feces stains in carpet.
Another way to housebreak your dog to prevent carpet feces stains is to take your dog to a training center. Oftentimes dog training can last from a week up to a month. This is often a one-time cost if your pooch picks up on the training the first time around.
A less costly solution to preventing pet feces stains on your carpet is to only allow your cat or dog on non-carpeted areas of the house. If you have an outdoor pet, only allow them to come in the kitchen. Or, if you have an indoor pet, consider investing in those little pet doors to mark off carpeted rooms.
How to remove pet stains from carpet
If you’ve already got a pet feces carpet stain on your hands, there’s no need to fret. Bio Oxy Stain Remover is specially formulated to safely and effectively remove protein-based stains from pet feces. Even better, Bio Oxy Stain Remover will eliminate the nasty smell of pet feces from your carpeting.
Here’s all you’ll need to remove the pet feces carpet stain:
- A damp towel
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Some dry towels
- A vacuum cleaner (optional)
- A heavy weight
How to remove pet stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Use a paper towel to remove the pet feces from the carpet
- Spray the pet stain carpet area liberally with Bio Oxy Stain Remover.
- Allow Bio Oxy Stain Remover to sit on the carpeting for up to 30 minutes.
- Use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the carpet fibers.
- Now, use a wet sponge to flush the area with water.
- Dry the area with a towel after each flushing with clean water.
- Spray the area again with Bio Oxy Stain Remover and again flush the area with water.
- After flushing the area, the carpet will be quite wet. Put a nice dry towel on top of the carpet and place a heavy weight on top.
- Remove the weight after a few hours and replace the towel with a new dry towel.
- After the carpet has dried, use a vacuum cleaner extension again to refresh the texture of your newly cleaned carpet.