Why are wine stains on carpeting so difficult to remove?
It’s always such a pleasure to enjoy a glass of red wine with friends at a gathering at your home. It’s also equally enjoyable to enjoy a glass of wine on your own while watching some of your favorite films. What is thoroughly unenjoyable is when you accidentally spill your deep red wine onto your light-colored carpeting.
Wine stains are incredibly difficult to remove from carpeting and red wine stains are the absolute worst. Red wine is essentially a dye, which means that it immediately bonds with the cotton fibers in your carpet. Trying to remove the stain with water or all-purpose cleaners can only add to the disaster.
Furthermore, you should truly beware of homemade DIY carpet stain removal techniques for removing wine stains from carpets. Many of these methods will encourage you to pour salt onto the stain. However, this can often add to the stain, and create an even greater mess to deal with. Often adding salt to a red wine carpet stain will only spread the stain onto more carpet.
Therefore, head on over to our online shop to pick up some professional carpet stain removal cleaner by Bio Oxy Stain Remover to clean the wine stain quickly and thoroughly. Don’t waste your time with unprofessional cleaners, or shoddy DIY methods.
Tips for preventing red wine stains in carpet
Everyone knows that accidents can happen. However, accidents that include red wine stains on your beautiful carpet can cost time, money, and peace of mind. Therefore, it is vitally important to understand how this stain happened, so that you can prevent future stains.
When hosting a house party or get-together it is important to remember to leave napkins all around the house. This will encourage guests to immediately blot up any spills. Additionally, you may want to consider drinking only white wine, or other light-colored beverages at your event if your guests will be drinking on your light carpeted area. Finally, if you see that guests may have crossed their drinking threshold and are getting a bit wobbly, move them to the kitchen or another non-carpeted area, or offer them some water.
How to remove wine stains from carpet
By now you may be feeling overwhelmed with the gravity of your red wine stain. However, don’t fret. Bio Oxy Stain Remover is rated the #1 carpet stain removal product and is tough on red wine stains. Therefore, here is all you’ll need to attack and thoroughly remove your carpet stain:
- A damp cloth
- Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Two to three dry cloths
- A vacuum cleaner
- A heavy weight
How to remove wine stains with Bio Oxy Stain Remover
- Use one of the dry cloths to first soak up as much excess moisture as possible from the wine stain on your carpet. Do not scrub the area, but rather use the towel to dab the stain. Don’t be afraid to use some muscle power to really get all of the excess moisture up from the depths of the carpeting.
- Now, it’s time to use our secret weapon. Spray some Bio Oxy Stain Remover on the wine stained area of your carpet. Now, work the product into the fibers of your carpeting with your fingers so all the fibers are covered with Bio Oxy Stain Remover . You could also use a towel, rather than your fingers, if desired.
- Allow Bio Oxy Stain Remover to sit on the carpeting for 15 minutes.
- After allowing Bio Oxy Stain Remover to sit on the carpet stain for 15 minutes, use the moist towel to soak up the remaining product from the carpet. You can also grab a new moist towel as needed, as the stain will be transferring onto the towel from the carpet.
- Repeat this process until most of the excess moisture has been absorbed and removed from your carpet. If you notice that the stain persists, repeat the above steps.
- Once the stain is thoroughly removed, the carpeted area will be quite wet. Place a dry towel on top of the area.
- Now, place the weight on top of the dry towel and allow it to sit for a few hours.
- Check back in a few hours and flip over the towel and place the heavy weight on top of the towel again.
- In a few hours, remove the weight.
- Open a window or using a fan to dry the carpeted area that was previously stained.
- Repeat the steps if needed if the wine carpet stain persists.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to refresh your carpet’s texture.